Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Policy: Triggers and scripts?

2 posters

Go down

Question on Policy: Triggers and scripts? Empty Question on Policy: Triggers and scripts?

Post  Elohim Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 pm

Thought I'd kick this off with this question, though I can already guess the answer since it's an RPI. However, some things are just "easier" with scripts and triggers (complex commands and timed ones). So what's the policy on this?

Your friendly newbie,

Elohim Very Happy

Elohim
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Question on Policy: Triggers and scripts? Empty Re: Question on Policy: Triggers and scripts?

Post  Kithrater Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:36 pm

In general, I don't have a problem with scripts. Probably the only thing I don't want is to see automated sparring scripts, but I'll code in things to penalise that (probably by kicking your connection if you're idle, so you'll then get beat unconscious by the trainer and people can loot your prone body).

At large, I fail to see what people are going to abuse with scripts apart from sparring. Foraging requires you to move rooms, and you're open game for any wildlife or bandits that come along. Quick alias-lists to swap clothing for armour doesn't hurt anyone. Scripts to do things like, "aim north man;fire;rem bow;wear bow;draw;rem shield" are hampered by the destring function. Scripts to spam crafts also suffer due to OOC delays.

Walking aliases are likely to get you ambushed by wildlife you don't scan, or PKed.

Can anyone else think of ways scripts could be used to abuse the MUD?

Kithrater
Admin
Admin

http://lost-tales.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum