Lost Tales of Beleriand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Objects Would You Like To See?

2 posters

Go down

What Objects Would You Like To See? Empty What Objects Would You Like To See?

Post  Dreamer Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Are there any objects that you think we ought to add in the game? Well... let us know here, and we'll get set considering it with everything. Smile
Dreamer
Dreamer
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

What Objects Would You Like To See? Empty Re: What Objects Would You Like To See?

Post  Ebonhart Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 am

Off the top of my head and at arm's length from the game, only cultural stuff hasn't been covered that I can think of. I'm just gonna toss out amusing things as they come to me, pick and choose if there are any good ones among them. This is all just possible flavor anyway (that's what objects are for, after all), so it's not concise. If you guys do like any of the ideas, I'd be happy to write up more item descriptions.

I already submitted this as a potential mask-item, but facepaint would be kickass as an alternate way to obscure your identity. Especially for Marachians, though I can see angry Haladins with it too, dropping out of trees and screaming warcries in that language of theirs.

Also speaking of Marachians, since they have to travel a lot to reasonably be in the current setting, making them somewhat nomadic would be cool. In this vein of thought, longboat-canoes. A pair of travelling Marachian warrior-merchants who sail the rivers in their dragon-carved mini-longboat skiff with a small sail would be great. Also would make travelling interesting if the wilderness continues to be as huge as it has been by proportion.

Haladins having a lot of forest travel items (camoflouged tents, camoflouge, crude trap crafts for hunting and endless entertainment, and did I mention camoflouge?) would be both interesting and highly appropriate. In the woodsy vein, since we're playing to epic stereotypes, villages in treetops accessible only by rope ladder would be cool. Or maybe Haladins have special tree-scaling gear (claws, maybe?) that gives them bonuses to Climb checks, while we're on the subject of interactive environments.

Beorians seem like your barbarian kind of guys with a dash of civilized Anglo-Saxon when it comes to their settlements. In that vein, I think all the furs and spitting and xenophobia is highly appropriate, but all their flavor being the most established with the Outpost, there's not much more for me to add to them... except..

religious insignia. It'd be damn cool to see items that have subtle references to paganistic deities in the Beorian set. Nothing outright blasphemous for purposes of keeping the peace with the Noldo, of course, but if I run into a backwater Beorian tribe, it'd be damn awesome to see their tents all done up with references and offers to their gods.
Ebonhart
Ebonhart
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum